Buddhi Vana Teacher Training
at Zenbarn 2018-2019
[headline_border]Program Tracks: Three Unique Paths[/headline_border]
[headline_border]Training Modules: Weekend Workshop Schedule[/headline_border]
The weekend schedule is the same for all training weekends.
Friday Evenings 6:00 to 8:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 to 5:30 PM
Sunday 9:00 to 4:00 PM
Weekend Study Intensives Dates 2018-2019
September 14-16: Introduction to Tibetan Subtle Body Anatomy
October 12-14: Establishment of Mindfulness
October 26-28: Working with the Elements and Nature in Practice
November 2-4: The Heart of Practice
November 16-18: Rainbow Body
April 5-7, 2019: Luminous MinD
April 26-28, 2019: Radiance and Bliss
May 17-19, 2019: Sacred Body and Eco-Spirituality
[headline_border]Sangha: Our Training Community [/headline_border]
This program is facilitated by:
Sharon Fennimore, MA, E-RYT, RPYT, YACEPClick HERE to Learn More About Me
I am an artist and yogini with over 25-years of practice and teaching experience in yoga and meditation. I have been facilitating teacher training programs for over eight-years and designed Buddhi Vana as a reflection of my love of nature and being outdoors and the ways that my personal practice has evolved physically and spiritually over the many years that yoga has been a part of my daily life. While I strive to teach secularized practices that make my classes and workshops accessible to everyone with an interest in my offerings, Buddhi Vana is a reflection of my desire to be more authentic about yoga and meditation as a spiritual practice in my teachings. This curriculum provides me with a unique opportunity to bring my background in East Asian Studies (Buddhist philosophy and art history) and Medical Anthropology (a branch of Cultural Anthropology) into the training. I am honored to be a part of the Zenbarn Studio community and to bring this dynamic yoga studies course as an offering in what is already a welcoming and radiant community of students and teachers. It feels absolutely amazing to be a part of a community like this again, in this most beautiful part of our earth, and to meet with others who wish to access the light, love, and peace that is available to us all through study, practice, and contemplation.
this program is ideal for:
[headline_border]Registration and Investment [/headline_border]
The cost of the program will be different depending on the path that you choose and how you decide to make payments. For the RYT200-hour Teacher Training Program, there is a non-refundable $400 training deposit. For the Meditation Certificate and 100-hour CEU Credits Program for continuing education and professional development, there is a $250 training deposit. Each weekend training intensive is $225 for participants who have made a training deposit. Each weekend intensive is $275 for participants who are dropping-in on the weekend of workshops without making a deposit or commitment to the entire program of study. For each of the three program tracks, full program costs, tuition, and payment plan option information is detailed for that path:
Path I: 200-Hour Teacher TrainingTRAINING Program Tuition Details
Path II: Certificate in Meditation/Professional DevelopmentPROFESSIONAL Program Tuition Details
Path III: Personal PracticePERSONAL Practice Development Tuition Details
“Sharon of Matrika Yoga offered an insightful, thought provoking training program that far exceeded my expectations. I was challenged to examine my ideas and beliefs about pregnancy and culture, and I now have a much better understanding of pregnancy and the obstacles a pregnant woman faces. I feel that I am now much better equipped to lead prenatal yoga, and I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone looking to learn more about pregnancy or prenatal yoga.” ~Nicole
“I maintain nothing but absolute gratitude to you and Matrika Prenatal Yoga. At the outset of training, I yearned for a missing link, in between 42 years of obstetrical nursing experience and 51 of yoga practice! How I found your program and that “link” was nothing short of miraculous! Your insight into the wonder and miracle of birthing is in itself a spiritual gift. Your compassion and love for the pregnant client is apparent as well as intuitive empathy for the pregnant psyche. The reading list was comprehensive and the webinars fun and informative. I respect your genius fully.” ~Ambika
“Sharon was an excellent instructor and an amazing sounding board. I loved that she so clearly articulated her personal opinions and beliefs without forcing them on us, her students. This is a unique skill and, from my experience, one many instructors struggle with. Sharon did a great job at sharing information, offering feedback and discussing alternative/contrary thoughts/experiences/beliefs without ever seeming critical or offended. She offered a ton of excellent information and I left the program prepared to lead others through a prenatal sequence.”~Megan
“The training was very in depth and challenging. I feel that after completing the program, I am well prepared for teaching prenatal yoga.” ~Kate
“I really enjoyed the option of online learning as well as personal time. Sharon’s approach is a flexible alternative for trainees looking to expand their learning while continuing with their responsibilities. The pranayama and meditations were my favorite part.”~Natalie
“Yoga Matrika provides more than just a great educational journey on the basics of Hatha Yoga, Yoga Matrika expands on the typical 200 Hour course offerings by ensuring that the course material is delivered and received in a way that is most beneficial and valuable to the student and the path they are on for their life, teachings, and personal yoga journey. Yoga Matrika shares their unique insights and personal mentorship on every topic and does so for every student so that no one is felt left out or passed over. Yoga Matrika truly helps each student tap into their true potential and identify with what they want to offer the world as a person, a continuing yoga student, and a yoga teacher.” ~Brandi
[headline_border]FAQ and Not So Fine Print [/headline_border]
Tuition and Investment FAQ
1. I made a mistake and it turns out this isn’t the right program for me. Or, I got sick/pregnant/decided to move/lost my job/have to take care of my elderly parent/car broke down and now I have no way to make it to training weekends, etc. All program deposits and payments made are non-refundable for ANY reason. Whatever your reason for wishing you could get a refund, you just can’t get a refund for your deposit or any payments already made. You are not obligated to continue making payments on your payment plan (there IS a penalty fee for early payment plan cancelation) or to meet the graduation requirements or to continue participating. You can “drop-out” at any time without obligation for future payments.
2. How can I cancel my payment plan? If you have signed up for an automatic payment plan, you can cancel that plan at any time by telling Sharon and paying a $50 early cancelation fee. Any payments already made are entirely non-refundable. If you are switching to paying for individual modules, you will still be responsible for the entire cost of the training prior to graduation. If you are canceling because you no longer wish to participate in the program, then no further action or payment is required.
3. I want to switch from the 200-hour track to the meditation certificate track or vice versa or drop-out of the program and just take some weekend training workshops. It’s easy to switch tracks or drop-out. Just send an email to Sharon Fennimore or talk with her individually and she will work out a plan to make sure that you are all set with the financial implications of the switch and understand the graduation requirements of your newly chosen track in the program. Sharon doesn’t want anyone to be unhappy and these types of switches are generally easy to accommodate.
4. Your non-refundable deposit is valid for one calendar year and you have one year from the date you start the program to complete it. If you need longer, then you will need to pay an additional continuing student deposit of $200 each calendar year to maintain program enrollment. Each participant has up to three-years to complete the training. Sharon Fennimore and Zenbarn are not able to guarantee any future scheduled trainings or workshops beyond the cohort originally registered for. Sharon facilitates her trainings, workshops, and retreats at various locations and trainees who need to make an individualized plan for completing the training within the three-years are invited to discuss their options with Sharon. In most cases, we can work something out, but there are no guarantees that anyone who fails to meet the graduation requirements with their original 2018-2019 cohort can complete the training.
5. Oh no! I paid for a weekend training module, but then I wasn’t able to make-it. Can I get a refund? How do I make up the training time? There are no refunds for any payments made for private sessions, workshops, classes, or weekend training modules. If you enrolled in a training module that you were not able to participate in, please discuss options for make-up scheduling with Sharon. It’s likely we can just transfer your registration to a different weekend. Make-up time will be at the trainee’s additional expense.
6. I paid for a training weekend, but I have to leave early one day or miss part of the training weekend. In order to graduate from the program, you need to be present for the entire training weekend module for every required module. If you need to miss part of a training weekend, please discuss your options with Sharon. Make-up time will be at the trainee’s additional expense. Chronic attendance issues will result in failure to graduate.
7. I just signed up for an individual weekend session, but now I wish I had enrolled in the whole training. Is there any way to start the program late? Yes, we can work out a plan for you to join the training. Please contact Sharon Fennimore to schedule a private session and we can use that time to discuss your personal practice and/or your professional development goals and make an individualized training plan.
The program package has the full 2018-2019 training schedule with dates, times, and locations. Syllabus also lists required and suggested reading and graduation requirements. It is recommended that all adults considering enrollment carefully read the training information package prior to making a non-refundable deposit or enrollment. 100% attendance is required for graduation. Make-up hours for missed training sessions is at the additional expense of the trainee.
Tuition does NOT include:
- 30-required practice hours (classes) with Sharon Fennimore
- cost of three-private sessions with Sharon Fennimore
- books and student materials (notebook, sketchbook, pens, binder, etc.)
- equipment (hiking shoes, water bottle, yoga mat, mala beads, etc.)
- entrance fees to any parks or other places we will go or meet together
- cost of make-up hours for training weekends missed
NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON
Prior to enrolling in ANY of my online courses, Please be aware of my NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON policy. online courses are my intellectual property and you will have instant access upon making a payment. Upon payment, you have received the service. If you have any questions, please send me an email BEFORE enrolling in a course or making a payment to avoid problems. all payments made on payment plans are non-refundable. Some payment plans allow for cancellation with a $50 early cancel fee. Before you create a payment plan, please make sure that you agree to the cancelation policy for that plan.