Do you ever feel sad when the book you are reading ends? Are you having a difficult time finding the right book? I truly believe that when the reader is ready, then the right words appear. It might be a poem, an article, essay, or book. I offer Bibliomancy sessions in which we discuss what you are thinking about, questioning, or curious around and then I offer a recommendation on something you might read that I think would be helpful, of interest, or will spark creativity. If you love to read and are looking for some suggestions, schedule some time to talk with me!
Writing Help for Students
I work with students from 6th grade through college who need help with writing assignments. I do not conduct research, write essays or papers, or complete assignments. I offer assistance to students who need help starting, completing, or editing writing assignments. I have a special talent for working with people who may struggle with reading, writing, or academic work in general. My process involves identifying your strengths and building on your current abilities. My goal is to help you to express your unique ideas and insights with confidence. Depending on what you need, here are some of the aspects of writing that I can be helpful with:
- Creating an outline
- Developing a thesis statement or argument for an analytic essay
- Conducting research
- Citing sources, works cited, bibliography, footnotes
- Editing a first draft or working through revisions that your teacher has suggested that you may or may not completely understand
- Choosing a topic for an essay or paper
- Book reports, book reviews, and literary essays
- Writing original essays, personal narratives, or poetry
Mandarin Chinese Tutoring
I work with students from 6th grade through college who are currently enrolled in a Chinese language class and need help studying Mandarin Chinese. I work with middle and high school students at all levels and college students through 2nd year.