Sharon Fennimore Rudyk, MA, E-RYT, R-PYT
Please send an e-mail to Sharon at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, wish to discuss the program or need information before you sign up. You can also call Sharon at 412-855-5692.
This 6-month Yoga Studies program (September 10, 2012 through March 2013) is $1,200. Tuition is paid in monthly $100 payments for 12-months starting with the date of registration. Tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable and payments must be made regardless of your actual participation in scheduled classes and workshops.
This is an intimate program with a maximum of ten participants for each cohort. The program starts in September of each year, but you are encouraged to register and save your space as soon as you decide to make a commitment to the 6-month program of yoga studies. Register by signing a program contract HERE.
6-Month Yoga Studies Program Tuition Includes
Up to two-classes per week with Sharon Rudyk. Options include:
Tuesday night 5:45 to 7:00 pm
Saturday morning: 9:00 to 10:15 am
One two-hour special topics class per month with Sharon Rudyk per month. Each month, Sharon will offer at least two options, one evening and one weekend for a special topics workshop. Topics include: yoga philosophy, energy, pranayama, different yoga traditions, asana alignment and practice techniques and more. All the juicy stuff you don’t have time to explore in drop-in classes! One per month is included in your tuition, but you can always sign-up for more and pay for them a la carte.
Curriculum for the Yoga Studies Program
In 6-months of Yoga Studies with Sharon, you can expect to learn:
- Learn Sanskrit names, alignment principles, cues and variations and modifications for 30-basic asanas
- Read and discuss Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras
- Learn about the central channel, movement of prana and the chakra energy centers
- Explore the anatomy of breath and learn basic breath awareness, uijayi pranayama, kapalabhati, nine cleansing breaths and nadi shodhana
- Use energetic awareness and breath in asana practice
- Explore the relationship of the mind, skeletal system, organs and endocrine system in asana
- Learn about Chinese meridian energy theory and Yin Yoga practices
- Learn about therapeutic applications of yoga and yoga for seniors, yoga during pregnancy and to support common student complaints (hips, back, knees and shoulders)
- Learn about Mantras, Chanting and the use of Sanskrit in yoga
- Choose a kriya and mantra meditation to practice for 40-days
- Explore your own practice, limitations and strengths with personalized direction and support
- Learn common obstacles to home practice and examine different ways to overcome obstacles and make your yoga a part of every day
- Learn how to make adjustments and modify asana so you can continue your practice through your life
The Yoga Studies program requires a contract of agreement for 12-payments of $100 that will be automatically charged to your credit card once per month. You are obligated to maintain these payments regardless of your actual class attendance or participation in workshops and training sessions. There are no refunds for any reason and this program tuition is not transferable.
Yoga Studies for Teacher Training
If you wish to complete this program as a teacher training program, then you must complete, in addition to the Yoga Studies course:
- 18-hours of anatomy training workshops with Mark Chandlee Taylor (Embodied Anatomy for Yoga Instructors I,II, III)
- a minimum of three additional workshops of your choice at Yoga Matrika
- take a total of 50 classes (25 must be with Sharon and 25 can be completed anywhere upon Sharon’s approval). The classes that are included in the Yoga Studies program count towards this total. Any other classes that you wish to take must be paid for separately.
- complete a teaching skills/practicum training weekend (will be scheduled for March 2013)
- complete an online course that includes significant writing assignments that require reading, observing and practice teaching (available in September 2012). This online course will cost $100.
- teach a minimum of one practice class that is open to the public and observed by Sharon
- a minimum of two private sessions with Sharon ($60 each)
We are a Registered Yoga School (RYS®) with Yoga Alliance and graduates of our 200-hour Teacher Training Program are eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®).
Readings Syllabus for Yoga Matrika’s Yoga Studies Course
A suggested reading list will be posted in July 2012 for the September 2012 cohort. Please note that if you are taking this Yoga Studies course for teacher training, you will be required to complete the readings and writing assignments as outlined in the online course.