Culture and Language Coach for Chinese students and professionals who are, or intend to, study and work in the United States. Sharon is a native speaker of English and has many years of experience teaching English to native speakers of Chinese (both children and adults) and speaks Mandarin Chinese. Sharon has two related Masters Degrees including a graduate degree in Chinese and East Asian Studies from the University of Pennsylvania and a graduate degree in Cultural Anthropology from the University of Pittsburgh. Sharon has lived, studied and worked in China and Taiwan and traveled extensively in Central, East, and South Asia.
Texts and iMessages welcome in simplified Chinese characters or English.
- Accent help and English as a Foreign Language assistance
- Editing and writing assistance for dissertations, applications, seminar papers, conference submissions
- Assistance with presentations and public speaking skills
- Cultural skills for socializing, engaging in group discussions, group projects and business and social communication
- Lifestyle and stress management skills
Please call for a FREE consultation or send an email describing your situation. Rates for services are determined by the amount of coaching and editing work required. Local services for clients in Pittsburgh at your convenience and distance services using SKYPE or FaceTime, WhatsApp, or Google HangOut are available for long distance clients all over the world. I will travel for consultation throughout the United States for academic institutions that wish to provide support services for Chinese students on campus, businesses that require inter-cultural management services, and to Asia to provide consultation for students or professionals prior to coming to the United States.
I help Chinese students and professionals with:
- Writing and editing
- Projects, presentations, and interview preparation
- Cover letters, grant applications, resume/CV
- English accent and communication skills
- Social and cultural concerns and questions
- Stress management
Drop-In Office Hours on Tuesdays from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm at the Oakland Carnegie Library on the 1st Floor near Manga/Graphic Novels.
I am a professional writer, experienced teacher, and native speaker of English with excellent Mandarin Chinese language skills. No appointment necessary at Tuesday drop-in hours. Text me at 412-855-5692 if you are having trouble finding me. Or, make an appointment at your convenience by sending me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Free consultation! After consultation, work is done for $35 per hour with a one-hour minimum.
身为一名外语老师，我提供专业英文写作指导。英文是我的母语，同时我也精通中文。每个星期二上午十点半到两点半，我会在奥克兰的卡内基图书馆ㄧ楼。如果您找不到我，可以传讯息给我，我的手机号码是412-855-5692。或者您可以预约面谈，我的邮件信箱是e-mail: email@example.com. 免费谘询！作业辅导以每小时三十五元收费，每次至少一小时。